http://www.my-image-host.com/viewer.php?file=uhzxfxevz3oms439lzy.ico

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

overheard along the way

normally a peaceful walk through the courtyard at school after wednesday chem lab was disturbed by some sort of 'event' most likely only found in hick towns. it was a delightful little...car bash. wow. yee haw. anyway, that's beside the point, what had me qctm (thats chuckling quietly to myself for those of you that don't know all the texting speak), was the strange, crazy woman wielding the sledgehammer. she wore dirty white Asics, and the typical older woman jeans, the kind a PTA mom would wear. the ones that choke your ankles and expose a bit of sock and let the whole world see what kind of terrible sneakers you were wearing. Her hair was dirty blonde, and by dirty, I mean not washed. her navy sweatshirt, a sized or two too small, clung to her forearms, refusing to reach her wrists. she had a look in her eye, a look of anticipation. her breathing heavied. she drew deep breaths and exhaled violently letting her cheeks puff up each time. she hulked around the beat up blue hatchback trying to decide where to strike first, where she would do the most damage (like any good hick would). suddenly she stopped in her tracks, her eyes lit up briefly. I knew she had found her mark. (At this point she was on the other side of the car and I couldn't see what she saw, but undoubtedly it had to be some sort of bumper sticker). she brought the sledgehammer back with a heave, swung it high in the air, sunlight glinted off of the hunk of metal as she exclaimed with fervor, "Kiss my ass Obama! This one's for Bush!" Thud. I couldn't help but chuckle to myself and continue on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment